Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Ombre Dresser Project




So I'm sure just about everyone saw THIS pin on Pinterest.

But the SECOND I saw it I hopped on my local classified ads website and looked for that dresser. I got super lucky and found one almost exactly like the one from Pinterest.

Here's the distorted blobby picture from the website.

I went to Sherwin Williams and picked a color sample and it had all the gradients on the sample. So I just said "I want all 6 of these colors in your sample sizes" 

I used a latex spray primer from Sherwin Williams because I was told that the old stain might bleed through if I used a water based primer.

I put the dresser in my guest bedroom down in the basement.

This is my bed from when I was a kid. I got new bedding and I think it looks so inviting!

My family's vintage pillowcases.
(excuse the poor lighting in these photos, it is in a basement that they were taken.)

15 comments:

newbiemama said...

Pinning it now! Love this!
Sarah @ confessionsofaslackermom.com

PJ @ Planned in Pencil said...

I think that was my very first pin!

Love your take on it, the colors are fab. I wonder what the guy behind the counter thought!

Brandi said...

Your dresser turned out great!

Megan Gunyan said...

That looks awesome! I love the ombre look. I hope you can join my link party tomorrow or just come stop by and say hi! www.alittleknickknack.com

Feathers and Sunshine said...

This rivals the pinterest one! Nice work chica! here via HofH.
Stacia@http://www.feathersandsunshine.blogspot.com

Renée said...

Your chest turned out so cute! I'm going to do the same thing for my craftroom. Thanks for the inspiration.

Maryann @ Domestically-Speaking said...

So fun! I'm featuring your dresser in the Power of Paint Party Spotlight this weekend. Thanks for linking up!

Katie @ Creatively Living said...

Beautiful! Pinning this!

--Katie
@ Creatively Living

Unknown said...

What a difference! So cute!

Leanne said...

The dresser ty.urned out beautiful. Thank you for linking to the Home Decor and Organizing Link Part

Jeannie said...

Very pretty! What a great idea to get all the colors on one paint sample- then you know they'll coordinate! I'll definitely keep that in mind

Jana@Transformations From the Heart said...

Love the color choice for your dresser. Since I first seen the pin of the other dresser a while back, I've been wanting to paint one too. Still looking for just the right dresser to do the technique on. Yours turned out Beautiful!!

Jana@Transformations From the Heart said...

Oh yea, Seen that you were featured over at HoH today. Congrats!!!

Katie said...

Gorgeous! I would love for you to share on my weekly Linky Party Blog Stalking Thursday!

http://www.thecraftyblogstalker.com/2012/08/blog-stalking-thursday-55.html

Unknown said...

This is absolutely amazing! I LOOOOVE it! So gorgeous! : )

-Mel the Crafty Scientist

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...