Thursday, September 1, 2011

Front Entry

I wasn't wanting to change my entry way.
I thought it looked fine. Nothing to be wowed about, but it was good.

Then I saw this Pin, which I had already showed you but here it is again!
LOVE these mirrors from Ballard, but Hello, the price tag was nearly $500 for all 4 mirrors to be shipped to me.
So I searched desperately online to see if I could fine a cheaper version.
I FINALLY found some at Target.com that were actually very similar just not as big as the Ballard mirrors. AND, they only cost me $25!!! 
A freakin' steal!

But wouldn't you know it, they were all sold out online.
So I just wanted to see if my local store carried them. I called and they said they were out of stock there but they could check other surrounding stores in my area.
They found FOUR at a store only about 4 miles down the road, so I put them all on hold and went that afternoon to pick them up.

So this is the before (during valentines day):

I took everything down and cut out wrapping paper the exact size of the frames.


Then I measured that the hanging brackets were 7" down on both sides of the mirrors so I used some tacks and a string to hang a level (I used a level to make sure I was right on) string across the papers.

A 1/2 inch in and 7 inches down was where my nails needed to be to hang the frames.
Then I just nailed my nails in right over the wrapping paper.

Then I just pulled my string and tacks out and pulled the paper off right over the nails and then hung up my mirrors. It took a little extra time to do this but not once did I have to take a nail out and move it 1 centimeter this way or that way! It was better for me in the long run since I did this project by myself and didn't have anyone standing back and saying "yup, looks straight"

So, here is my finished project for hanging the mirrors:
I am going to hang wreaths like the one in the pin that I found my inspiration for this.
 Globe, Free; Typewriter, Salvation Army $35; Apothecary jars, one from a yard sale for $5 one from Hob Lob on their 50% deal; Large silver bowl, thrift store find for $35; 'S' monogram, had for so i don't remember from where.


19 comments:

David & Jessica said...

I love it!

Lindsay said...

The mirrors look great Camilla! Thanks for the tips on hanging them!

Katie said...

beautiful! :)

Dar, Ali, Edi, and Lukey said...

Very pretty! A cute catalog that I love, which also has similar mirrors is at this link:

http://www.countrydoor.com/Home-Accents/Mirrors/Mirror-Lattice.pro?fpi=72606&catCd=NW

They have other really fun stuff that I love. Anyway, entryway looks awesome!

Patrice said...

Wow!! Great job! Thanks for linking up with Lemon Tree today!

Coley said...

genius! They look soo great! What a steal too!

Coley @
www.whatyoumakeit-coley.blogspot.com

Suzanne@Meridian Road said...

Your entryway looks beautiful! Everything on the table looks so pretty, and the mirrors are stunning! Thanks for the great tip on hanging, too.

Brittany said...

That looks so great. I think the mirrors make it look so much more open and bright. Loving the inspiration pic!

Doodlecraft said...

This is beautiful! I am totally impressed and way into mirrors lately! I am hosting a Mirror Week over at my blog starting today! Feel free to head over there and link this gorgeous entry way mirror wall up! :)
Nat
doodlecraft.blogspot

Anonymous said...

boy, that turned out great! Can't wait for the holidays. MM

amber wallace said...

Those look so great! Good hanging trick too. Excited to see them with the wreaths too.

Stephanie said...

Great composition!

Leanne said...

What a beautiful space. I love those mirrors too. Thanks for linking tothe party.

Lucas Kain said...

Ah, how should I put it. The difference between having them and not having them is ENORMOUS. Very good job! It really changed the overall feel :)

___
call Bangladesh

Jamie said...

Those mirrors are fabulous! Made a huge difference in the look of your entryway!
~JamieS

Tara said...

I love that you hung the wreaths on the mirrors. Beautiful!!!

I'd love to have you share this and any other of your amazing posts over at my linky party Create and Share. It posts every Wednesday. We open the party Tuesday evening at 8 pm for those who like to link up early. Hope you stop by...and follow too! ;-)
http://thetrendytreehouse.blogspot.com/2011/09/create-and-share-features-too.html

Tara @Trendy Treehouse
http://thetrendytreehouse.blogspot.com

Nancy @ dream it ... build it...style it! said...

I love the result- but I also adore the old typewriter!!!

Jessica @ Decor Adventures said...

Very nice! I like how you have 4 of them. Big impact!

I also got 1 of those mirrors, I have to find another, then decide where to put them. Love Target :-)

Chef in Training said...

I love all of this! Great job!

Thanks so much for linking up to Tuesday Talent Show! I would love to have you stop by and link up again with more great projects!
-Nikki
http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...