Saturday, March 5, 2011

{Pottery Barn-Inspired} Easter Ceramics

I saw these Ceramic Easter Bunnies on the Pottery Barn website several weeks ago.
I knew that you could find a ton of these ceramic Easter statues at the local thrift store.


I went to DI (Local) and found a bunch of old dirty out-dated ceramics. I snatched them up for about $2.00 total.
 I removed the ribbons and raffia that were tied around the necks and scraped off the hot glue. I gave them a layer of Krylon White spray paint primer and then a couple layers of Krylon White Gloss spray paint.





There were unfortunately no bunnies (or no bunnies with the look I was going for) at the thrift store, so we went with ducks...still very Easter-y and Springy!

6 comments:

Heather said...

What a great idea! I always forget about Goodwill and The Salvation Army for craft finds.

Alaina said...

I actually just bought an ugly bird from the dollar store today with the same idea as this! Looks great!

http://lanis-hammertime.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Hey Camilla, I'm your neighbor over at Funky Junk Sat. Nite Special. Great post! I love the idea of getting goodies from GW and making them new again!

Unknown said...

I love painting things white, too! These look great. I had a similiar idea, but did not have much luck finding any decent Easter statues in a couple thrift stores. You've inspired me to keep looking. Thanks.

Megan said...

CUTE! Love it! Thank you for sharing! (visiting from MMM)

Megan

Anonymous said...

This morning I curated a "DIY Ceramic Animal Hall of Fame" collection (obviously, just my humble opinions) and this made the list! Obviously, not everything on the list is very “ceramic-y” but they are all adorable. That duck is that is lunging forward is so cute! Love them ☺ I hope you find a rabbit, too! The post is here: http://paintingsunny.com/2013/06/21/diy-ceramic-animal-hall-of-fame/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...