Thursday, December 9, 2010

DIY Cake Stand

These Cake Stands are all over Blogland but I found this particular cake stand instructions over at Intimate Weddings But there are many others.
I can't find the one I originally saw...It had a blue plate with flowers on it and it had a glass dome...Has anyone else seen this one? If so please tell me where it is! It's driving me crazy.

Here’s what you need:

  • vintage plate
  • glass candlestick
  • crystal drawer pull (this is optional)
  • epoxy glue (slow drying if you are making more than one vintage cake stand)
  • ruler
  • Sharpie
  • Popsicle stick
  • Q-tip
  • something to mix your epoxy in (I used a recycled aluminum tray)







Get creative and use any plate and any base such as glass, candlestick, etc. use and dome or no dome. Would make a great mother's day gift or christmas gift.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Wow! I love this! I have a friend that LOVES to bake. This would be such a special gift for her. Thank you so much for sharing!

I also love that sea glass colored cake stand with the muffins. That would look sooooo good in my kitchen!

Mrs.B said...

These are lovely...I am linking to your post.
Hope that is OK?

christy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...