Friday, February 18, 2011

Butterfly Specimen Art

A couple weeks ago I made this Butterfly Species art thing! I don't know what the heck to call it!

I borrowed a butterfly punch from a friend and punch a bunch of cute paper that matched the colors I want to be in my daughters room.

I mounted them on a piece of white card stock and then put it in a frame (I took out the glass, so the wings would stand out.) I just used a glue dot in the middle of each butterfly and stuck it on the paper. I hadn't predetermined where I was going to put them I measured to the middle of the paper and went off of that. I think next time I would have it all marked out with a dot in each spot I wanted a butterfly.





I had seen this idea a while ago cruising through blogland, but I looked and looked to find it again to give credit for seeing the idea but couldn't find it. If you happen to know where it's come from let me know!

***Ok, Yes, I think I originally saw this over at The Idea Room, If I had remembered where I had seen it before I made mine I would have done some things different. I love that her picture is matted. I love that she has twice as many butterflies as I do. So I really like hers!***

I'm going to link up at:

26 comments:

Gentrey said...

I found this idea from "The Idea Room", but it seems like she got it from someone else.

Such a cute idea...I made one for my daughter too.

Yours turned out great!

Pretty Pink Cherub said...

I think this turned out just darling!!!! TYFS Hugs, Tammy

Emily Carter said...

This is so simply perfect! I Love it. Thanks you for linking to our party.

Janet said...

Ok, I just fell in love with this. So pretty and elegant. Love Love it!

The Single Nester said...

I made something very similar that you can check out on my blog. Looks great!

jandjhome said...

This is such a great idea. I love it.

Amy {The Idea Room} said...

Oh yeah! It turned out great! I love the scrapbook paper you used! Thanks so much for the link.

Annemarie's Haakblog said...

This is SO cute!! I saw this pic on fabulousfinds.blogspot.com and it's really amazing. Thanks for sharing and good luck with your blog. I'm your newest follower! (-:
Best wishes, Annemarie

Amanda said...

This is amazingly cute, thanks for sharing!

Trish said...

Love this Camilla, seriously love it. I think I will even print out your blog post to remind me to try and make one!! seriously. have just signed up to follow you! follow me back? ;) cheers Trish (Australia)

Unknown said...

I will be writing an article on easy inexpensive art for kids room. definetly bookmarking this one.

check out the silhoutte t-shirt giveaway for kids on my blog.
http://houseonashwelllane.blogspot.com/2011/02/whimsical-fairy-silhouette-t-shirt.html

Kim @ A Brush of Whimsy said...

Now how cute is this! :)

Megan said...

very cute. i love this idea.

megan
craftycpa.blogspot.com

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

I have wanted to make one of these, so cute! Thanks so much for linking up to Beyond the Picket Fence.

LĂșlla said...

This is so cute. I think I might make one with my daughter tomorrow. She has chickenpox so a craft like this is perfect to kill time :)

Anonymous said...

This is really cute! I've been looking for ideas to put in my daughter's room.

Stephanie C. said...

This is so pretty! It would be a perfect baby shower gift or for a little girls room. Or even a spring decoration.

Stephanie @ redberrycrafts.blogspot.com

Tonya said...

That's SUPER cute!! My little girl likes butterflies, too. I had some in my post, but they were real ones I found at the second hand store. I might just ad this idea to her room, too!! Thanks!!

Sibylle said...

I am going to buy a butterfly punch!
http://fun.kyti.me

Jennifer said...

Beautiful! I love specimen art, and this turned out awesome. I featured you today on my wall art round up :)

http://sunshineandchaucer.blogspot.com/2011/02/wall-decor-round-up.html

Sugar Swings said...

so pretty! and i like this better than the real butterfly specimens!

Unknown said...

You have been featured in my post.
http://houseonashwelllane.blogspot.com/2011/03/art-for-nursery-and-kids-room-that-you.html

Elora said...

Love this post so much, I followed it to create some art for my daughters room! Thanks! <3

You can my own here, and a link back to you of course: http://deerelora.blogspot.com/2011/03/march-break-spring-clean-crafty.html

Simply Sara said...

I made this but with a cupcake stamp, it ended up really cute, I love how yours ended up!! I have been trying to find another cute punch to try some others with!!

http://www.simplysara83.blogspot.com

Katie said...

very cute! :)

Candace @ Candace Creations said...

LOVE it! I also came across this out in bloglnd and just bought some papers to match my dd rooms yesterday..I'm just looking for the right frame!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...